Competition for audience attention is fierce, which means marketers need to do everything they can to capture and retain viewers. Video marketing adds energy and movement to the viewer experience with dynamic and engaging content. For companies large or small in any industry, animated videos have the power to tell stories of all shapes and sizes, explain complex processes, and grab attention.
Whether they are selling products, explaining services, or training new staff or customers, many businesses are incorporating different animation styles in their video productions as an innovative yet cost-effective way to engage with their target audience. There are many different animation techniques, here are five popular types of animation used for commercial videos.
- 2D Animation – Two dimension (width and height) animation is commonly referred to as traditional animation. It combines multiple drawings or images in a 2D environment to create the illusion of movement. Modern technology has increased the broad capability of this traditional style and it remains one of the most popular forms of animation.
- 3D Animation – Three dimension animation adds a 3rd dimension (depth) to the animation process. Using state of the art computer graphics, this type of animation makes objects appear as if they are moving in 3-dimensional space. This type of animation creates a dynamic animated environment that enables marketers to create realistic settings, objects, characters, textures, and lighting to enliven their videos and expand engagement. Blend partnered with Redspace to create a brand documentary video that combines 2D and 3D animation for awesome high-tech look.
- Screencast Animation – This type of animation uses screen captures combined with narration to walk the audience through a service or product. This type of animation is ideal for explaining digital products, complex products or services, or intangible products. Blend used this style of animation to create a product launch video for Carmines subscription based service for fleet tracking.
- Motion Graphics – Simply put motion graphics is animated graphic design. By using simple graphics, colors, shapes, and text to visually represent script elements, motion graphics are often used to tell a story that wouldn’t otherwise be visual. By using motion graphics, Blend created an animated product video to effectively tell the story behind Arcturus’ highly advanced RNA medicines.
- Animation Combined with Live Action – This potent combination allows video producers to show real-life situations, and augment them with animation layered on top of live-action footage. This style of animation can help bring any concept whether simple or complex to life with ease. Blend created compelling animated motion graphics, superimposed over live video to produce a cool Lumo Bodytech product video that reveals the magic of their groundbreaking biometric sensor technology.
Animated videos are customizable, efficient, engaging, and an outstanding way to simplify concepts. Incorporating animation in your marketing videos or corporate video productions is cost effective and can produce results. In a world where attracting attention is paramount, a high-quality video with animation can increase audience engagement, and brand awareness, as well as sales conversions.
If you’re looking for an engaging medium to boost your site’s conversion rates and produce financial returns, using video with animation to sell your product or explain your service is the solution. At Blend, our team of creative professionals has the experience to craft engaging storytelling content in ways that compel your target audience into action. Looking for the right creative partner to produce a quality animated video for your business, contact Blend today.