Video is a powerful marketing tool in today’s tech-savvy world. Using video to expand brand awareness can be wildly successful. Customers are now more likely to form their first impression of your brand while surfing the internet or scrolling through a social media platform. So now, more than ever, it’s important for marketers to begin including video content in their strategic marketing plans.
Creating quality video content can help by keeping your brand relevant, growing your audience, and increasing customer understanding of your brand. Consumers like to do business with companies they are familiar with. Over time, the use of video content can help to build a relationship with your audience making them more comfortable and creating trust in your brand that can be leveraged in the future.
The identity and personality of your brand are based entirely on the content you communicate, and consumers will form their perceptions based on those communications. Before creating marketing material that raises awareness of your brand, you need to be confident about what your brand represents. Defining your brand should be the first step in your video marketing strategy. You’ll need to make sure your brand s’ designs are consistent across all formats. This allows customers to recognize your brand at a glance. You’ll need to define what makes your brand unique, why consumers should choose your brand instead of the competition. Finally, you’ll need to determine the voice of your brand. Brand messaging or “voice” shapes a narrative around the type of brand that you are, is your brand formal and corporate, fun or quirky? Whatever it is, your brands’ voice needs to be consistent in all of your content.
When creating any content including video content for your brand it’s important to remember to make it worth looking at or watching. Good branded video content is interesting, informative, or some combination of both and offers the view some type of value for watching. Some of the best brand videos used to expand brand awareness and understanding are:
- Product Videos – in which a brand showcases specific products or services.
- Testimonial Videos – which can include interviews with, customers, prominent influencers, executives, or employees.
- Brand Awareness Videos – when you are developing your brand a video can enforce your brand’s tone, style, and values. If you get this right you become an authority on your subject matter
- Tutorial or Explainer Videos – which may or may not directly involve your product, but serve to offer your audience something of value.
- Brand Storytelling Videos – that focus on telling the story behind the brand, or the stories of those who started the company.
- Brand Anthem Video – these are videos that focus on your overall brand or put simply, who you are and why you’re here. These can be tricky, but with the right approach, you can create a video that attracts attention and elevates your brand.
The way your brand is presented should be so strong that people can tell when content, including videos, has been created by your brand even if your logo isn’t visible. By focusing on consistent brand building instead of just your typical advertising campaign, you can not only increase consumer awareness of your brand but also understanding.
Video marketing can do far more than just promote your product or service. Video content can be used to expand brand awareness by building customer rapport, generating interest in your brand vision, and showcasing what makes your brand unique. Used alongside social media, video marketing can even be used for product videos, how-to instructional videos, brand anthem videos, and much more – all of which can engage customers, promote your brand and eventually drive lead generation and sales. Our team of professional videographers and photographers has the experience to create engaging storytelling content in ways that compel your target audience into action. If you’re interested in expanding awareness of your brand by incorporating video marketing into your digital marketing strategy we can help, contact Blend Today.
Click here to learn more about branding.