No matter the industry or the size of the business, content marketing has become one of the most powerful parts of digital marketing strategy. When it comes to developing your marketing strategy, it can seem a daunting task to choose what types of content marketing you want to use to grow your business. Below is a list of ten popular forms of content marketing deployed by digital marketing agencies.
- Blog Posts – An ongoing chronicle of information consisting of articles (or posts) that can include text, infographics, photos, or videos.
- Videos – Any content format that includes video. Video content can be entertaining, engaging, or educational. Common forms of video marketing content include product videos, explainer videos, client testimonials, social media videos, and promotional videos.
- Infographics – This visual content marketing format helps viewers better visualize data such as statistics so they can have a better idea of why something has value or how something works. Use of engaging visuals to communicate information via a collection of imagery, charts, and data that gives an easy-to-understand overview of a topic.
- Case Studies – Used to illustrate the principles of a product, service, or brand that aims to persuade that it can solve a problem. Often citing practical examples of solutions in a written or video format.
- Long-Form Content – Features a lot of information and/or in-depth information on a given topic. This type of material is typically 2,000 words or more and is usually seen as whitepapers, e-books, comprehensive how-to guides. This type of content can be in written or video format.
- Interviews – with industry leaders or influencers that offers useful insight and information on the topics that matter to your company and customers. This type of content can be posted in a text format or as a video interview.
- Checklists – A type of worksheet that provides a list of things to do in a step-by-step process to achieve some type of desired outcome. In addition to text, these lists can be inserted into an infographic or video format.
- Social Media Posts – With a mix of promotional and informational content across multiple social media channels, these posts can be used to help new leads discover your products, directly influence purchase, or start a conversation that engages your target audience. Social Media posts can include text, infographics, photos, or video formats.
- Testimonials – Real people talk about their experiences with your brand and offer feedback which can be a great selling point, it not only builds trust, and also demonstrates customer loyalty. In addition to written testimonials, video is a highly effective way to share this content.
- Product – This content is focused on functionality or service to show customers how they can use your brand’s products including competitive advantages, product attributes, and benefits. This type of marketing content can take the form of ads, written product information, or product videos.
Content marketing is a way for you to grab your viewer’s attention with important information and leverage it in a way that your ideal customer will consume it. Whether you are a large or small business, including a few of these different types of content in your digital marketing strategy can help to build a reputable online presence as well as boost traffic.
Many of the most popular forms of content marketing can be produced as video content. If you want to remain competitive in the busy digital marketplace, it’s important that you find a way to grab your target audience’s attention and engage them quickly, and video is a great way to do that. Whether it’s a product video, an explainer video, a client testimonial, an Interview video, or a call to action, it’s important to remember that a good content marketing video offers its’ viewers some sort of value. If you’re looking for an engaging content marketing medium to boost your site’s conversion rates and produce financial returns, using video to promote your brand and sell your products is the solution. At Blend, our professional creative team in Los Angeles has the experience to produce video content that compels your target audience into action. If you’re interested in incorporating video content marketing into your digital marketing strategy we can help, contact Blend Today.